Friday, October 29, 2010

Breathe in, Breathe out

I'm having a hard time relaxing.  If I only had a dock, some sunshine and a book.  It feels so strange to feel happy that the tumour is out, yet at the same time, a little voice inside me keeps asking “is it really all out”?  Living with Cancer demands courage, self-awareness, and that secret source of power – a sense of humour.  I've never been in need of a sense of humour but after the surgery fiasco a constant reminder is good.  It keeps me normal which is what I want.  And also, the fact that being so "trendy" and on the pulse... getting diagnosed with breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I can't help but have a sense of humour.

So. for that voice, I will tell it to “piss off” today and every day until Nov 10 when I see Dr. Davis again.  That is when I will know for sure.  In the mean time, I’ll just keep on keeping on.  

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud! I didn't think about how fitting it was that you, Miss Fashionista In-the-Know, would be diagnosed with breast cancer in sync with awareness month. Holla! Can't wait for the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, First off - congratulations on the removal & very positive results on the op. All the Craig fingers are crossed for you to keep it that way. And whoa...what team troopers you and Don are to handle Emma's reaction in a tricky situation. It reminded me of when I gassed Lorne in the delivery pre-op room. That all worked out great! Love the "piss off" line, it fits! See you round the cookie table soon....keep on keepin on

    ReplyDelete