Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Great Day

Just got back from a meeting with the surgeon…all very positive.



I have a small low grade tumor (Infiltrating Duct Carcinoma)…approx 1cm in diameter which will be removed on Oct 27th.  It's a Grade 2 which means it's growing at a "moderate pace".  At the same time they will do a biopsy of my lymph nodes…"just to make sure"...we'll get results mid Nov….early indications (from a series of tests…estrogen levels etc) are good.   The tumour is HER2 (cancer gene) negative.  And Estrogen positive which means it will respond well to anti- estrogen therapy.



If my pathology on the lumpectomy and lymph nodes comes back negative then around mid Nov, I will start radiation treatment…once a day for approx 3 weeks. 
We're not out of the woods yet but we left the surgeon's office feeling very optimistic.  Thank you all for your love and support.  It is so humbling to see, feel and hear what my fantastic friends and family are willing to do for me.  I am grateful.

9 comments:

  1. Such great news Vick! I couldn't imagine it any other way. Has Don got you mowing the lawn yet? I can't wait to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news, looking forward to the weekend with you! yay. We'll have to sneak in a celebratory beverage or two! haha. Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you, Vicki! Thanks for forwarding me the email address of your new blog; I'll be sure to check (and comment on) it often. That's fantastic news, you go girl! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe some crowdsurfing is in order! Lunch for sure soon...I guess after camp...looks like you are going which is great! Thinking of you! xoxoLove tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. I KNEW you'd come thru this on the other end live and kicking. Any girl who can make cake into body parts complete with fondont icing can certainly kick this in the ass. Best news I've had in forever...thanks for making my day. I'm so happy for you lady...we DO need to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, this is great news. Sleep well,....you too Don, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was a "little" panicked, but feel so much better after the positive meeting with your surgeon. We will all help in this fight!! Love you!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki,

    Great news and thanks for sharing your journey! Once again, you rock. By the way, Funny comment Trish... How is the lawn Vicki?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki -

    As I said earlier, I'm rooting for you - 1000%. You've got a great, positive attitude and that's half the battle. You need something, you call. OK?
    Gotta go and feel myself up now.

    XOXO,
    Moe

    ReplyDelete