Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dodged A Bullet

To quote Dr. Davis, "you dodged a bullet".  She successfully removed a 1cm tumour and surrounding fat and muscle tissue.  She also removed the lymph node which was benign.  The good news is that I won't need chemotherapy.  I will still need 3 - 5 weeks of radiation.  And I will also be scheduled for an MRI which will double check the chest and surrounding area.  I am so happy and relieved with this news.  Whew!



So for now I will celebrate.  And then wait again to hear from the radiologist.

8 comments:

  1. Well that news is GREAT!!! So happy for you! You definitely deserve to celebrate. Hopefully now those headaches will go away. So, as you said, keep on keeping on. Things are looking up.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes........

    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you "dodged a bullet" and the tumor was small. It's important to keep positive and
    it sounds like you are. Thanks for the blog
    and keeping us updated. We love you.

    Jean and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, can you see me doing a little victory dance :-) Such good news.....so happy for you and your family! If you find a dock and some sunshine I'll join you. Take care, Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you! I am sitting her crying and keeping my fingers crossed at the same time. Love you lots! Karen, Andre, Connor and Alianna xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Awesome.
    Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to hear this wonderful news vicki! woohoo!
    thinking of you often.... donna

    ReplyDelete